art & business books
9 books that have helped me grow my art business
growing my art business hasn't been easy...there is so much to do as an artist...marketing and social media, accounting that never ends, updates to my website, creating new blog posts, prepping for shows and markets (my to do list could go for days, but i'll spare you!)....this doesn't even include motherhood duties....this can leave me very little time to create my art!
without much free time, i'm always looking for ways to learn and improve my business. below are my favorite books that have helped me grow my art business in 2020.
1. EVERTHING IS FIGUREOUTABLE by Marie Forleo
2. THE BIG LEAP by Gay Hendricks
conquer your hidden fear and take life to the next level
3. "STARVING" TO SUCCESSFUL by J. Jason Horejs
4. BREAKTHROUGH ADVERTISING by Eugene M. Schwartz
the most important book ever written about persuasion...copywriting...marketing...and human behavior
5. ART INC. by Lisa Congdon
the fine artist's guide to getting into galleries and selling more art
6. HOW TO SELL ART by J. Jason Horejs
7. RAIN MAKING by Ford Harding
8. HOW TO PRICE DIGITAL FINE ART PRINTS by Barney Davey
tips from top art marketing minds
i try to remember the advice from renowned investor warren buffett, "read...every day. that's how knowledge works. it builds up, like compound interest." with all we have to do as business owners it's vital that we continue to learn and grow.
9. THE 4-HOUR WORKWEEK by Timmothy Ferriss
how to live more and work less