5 reasons it’s important to make time to discover and develop your style:
- what is your intent
- copying can only get us so far
- be true to yourself
- it’s important to be different
- you’re committed for the long haul
candy colored studio episode #53 - chelle gunderson: celebrating the gifts & talents of each family member, working with galleries & paint every day
do you ever look back at your year and take a minute to write down the highs, the lows, the biggest lesson learned and hopes for the future?! here is my version of that in my art journey for 2019. you'll hear about my top 3 things that were the most exciting or had the biggest impact on my success this year. i also share a humbling story of my greatest failure...that in turn, has become the biggest lesson learned in my art biz this year. i'll share shows i participated in, new things tried, outreach opportunities (and how it's actually terrifying for me at times lol), marketing breakthroughs and stats...yes...everything numbers. you'll also get a peek into things i'm looking forward to in 2020 and things i'm working on changing in my art biz.
candy colored studio podcast episode 50 - stephanie hock: making the most of your unique creative journey, where to start organizing
meet my friend stephanie hock! shortly after having our twins and jumping back into my art career, i met steph via instagram. soon we were meeting up with other painting gals regularly, swapping art hacks, tools, and forming great friendships. we've planned and participated in shows together and steph has been a great supporter to so many of us.
candy colored studio podcast episode #48: shiny paintings and all things painting process & materials!
candy colored studio podcast episode #45 - lisa draper: an artist journey made easier with systems: how to clear your mind, giving you the space needed to create
It's hard to know where to start with this episode lol. Lisa was so willing to share so much of her artist journe and what it's been like for her to dive headfirst into the world of a professional artist. She shares everything from:
- her beginnings as an artist
- traveling around the world in search of her path as an artist
- having small children and allowing others to come in and help
- organizing her time and talents to be most efficient
- support from her spouse and family
- feeling trapped as a young mom
- love of horses and sacrificing hers (Apollo) to follow another dream
- sacrificing for a greater reward
- the "nectar" of productivity
- an organization mindset and its importance
- realizing your personal mission in life
- clearing your mind so that you have space and time to create
- blocking in time and making routines
- identifying the pain points in your biz
- discovering what you can outsource
...and so much more!