candy colored studio episode #53 - chelle gunderson: celebrating the gifts & talents of each family member, working with galleries & paint every day
do you ever look back at your year and take a minute to write down the highs, the lows, the biggest lesson learned and hopes for the future?! here is my version of that in my art journey for 2019. you'll hear about my top 3 things that were the most exciting or had the biggest impact on my success this year. i also share a humbling story of my greatest failure...that in turn, has become the biggest lesson learned in my art biz this year. i'll share shows i participated in, new things tried, outreach opportunities (and how it's actually terrifying for me at times lol), marketing breakthroughs and stats...yes...everything numbers. you'll also get a peek into things i'm looking forward to in 2020 and things i'm working on changing in my art biz.
candy colored studio podcast episode 50 - stephanie hock: making the most of your unique creative journey, where to start organizing
meet my friend stephanie hock! shortly after having our twins and jumping back into my art career, i met steph via instagram. soon we were meeting up with other painting gals regularly, swapping art hacks, tools, and forming great friendships. we've planned and participated in shows together and steph has been a great supporter to so many of us.
candy colored studio podcast episode #45 - lisa draper: an artist journey made easier with systems: how to clear your mind, giving you the space needed to create
It's hard to know where to start with this episode lol. Lisa was so willing to share so much of her artist journe and what it's been like for her to dive headfirst into the world of a professional artist. She shares everything from:
- her beginnings as an artist
- traveling around the world in search of her path as an artist
- having small children and allowing others to come in and help
- organizing her time and talents to be most efficient
- support from her spouse and family
- feeling trapped as a young mom
- love of horses and sacrificing hers (Apollo) to follow another dream
- sacrificing for a greater reward
- the "nectar" of productivity
- an organization mindset and its importance
- realizing your personal mission in life
- clearing your mind so that you have space and time to create
- blocking in time and making routines
- identifying the pain points in your biz
- discovering what you can outsource
...and so much more!
candy colored episode #44: podcast anniversary! - things i've learned, favorite episodes, & what to expect in season 2
candy colored studio podcast episode #37 - crystal despain: learning in all the places and being supported by all the loved ones
Do you love learning? Colorado-based artist Crystal Despain sure does, in fact she's all about continued education, getting uncomfortable to reach new heights in her profession, practice and technique. Hear what she's learned, what she recommends to all creative people and hear about her biggest supporters. It's a beautiful peek into a beautiful artist. Enjoy!
Connect with Crystal:
candy colored studio podcast episode #28: pulling back the curtain - the dancer's experience backstage at studio 5
what's it like to be on a tv segment? what does it look like behind the scenes? katrina's daughter discusses her experience as a first time visitor to Studio 5 in downtown slc and how it empowered her to pursue her dreams as a future creative entrepreneur.
i had the best time taking the dancer to studio 5 and seeing the experience through her eyes. when's the last time you've had a "pulling the curtain back" moment? what's something you've seen through fresh eyes?
candy colored studio podcast episode #26: jessica michaelson - mindfully pursuing our passions for the long haul, helping others in their unique journey
* her search for art masters & workshops to continue her training outside of the traditional university art degree
* using her gifts to support her husband & their family while he finished school
* how she started teaching classes out of her home
* meeting the needs of adults and children at various skill levels & desires
* her recent trip to atlanta for the portrait society annual conference
* being spiritually mindful & making hard choices
* supporting others in their pursuits
* resources for parents of creative children
* where to find inexpensive or free resources for your art pursuit
* upcoming events and projects she's working on...and so much more!