candy colored studio podcast episode #26: jessica michaelson - mindfully pursuing our passions for the long haul, helping others in their unique journey
* her search for art masters & workshops to continue her training outside of the traditional university art degree
* using her gifts to support her husband & their family while he finished school
* how she started teaching classes out of her home
* meeting the needs of adults and children at various skill levels & desires
* her recent trip to atlanta for the portrait society annual conference
* being spiritually mindful & making hard choices
* supporting others in their pursuits
* resources for parents of creative children
* where to find inexpensive or free resources for your art pursuit
* upcoming events and projects she's working on...and so much more!
each summer our lil' mountain town of midway, utah hosts a plein air event. it draws over 100 local utah artists (and neighboring states) to paint all over our valley for 2 weeks.
painting en plein air or in the open air, has its own challenges: the wind, the sun & light changing rapidly, the bugs...oh the bugs! i love shadows...i have to commit quickly, or i get distracted & confused. honestly, all the shadows & colors changing with the light are so fun to paint! sometimes the wind gets super strong and your painting goes right with it! mostly though, the seeds and pieces of nature that tend to fly into the paint at the most inoportune times lol. this year we even had some sleet/hail/snow the first day...so you have to be prepared. you'll find me positioning my car so i can hide from the wind and sun. sunstroke can hit too quickly as i was reminded last month lol.
it's fun to live so close and be able to run home and take breaks, but i do need to make sure i have enough energy to jump back into family life as soon as i return.
so many of the same artists return year after year and that is also so fun. i make new artist friends each year & discover new favorite paintings. it is a huge event with 2 weeks of painting & 7 ways to participate.
a big shoutout to the midway art association team. they are simply a dream team with president jerry, his secretary norma, larry, cindy, bill, and so many more delightful supporters of the arts. special thanks to everyone who helped make this year and years past such a sucess! click on any of the photos to see more details and the framing for each piece.
hoping your 4th was fantastic. i'm excited to get back to the normal workings in the studio lol. text or email me if you'd like to come for a studio visit and see these in person. xo, katrina (435.709.2780 || firstname.lastname@example.org)
candy colored studio podcast episode #24: feeling successful in your creative business at 85% (less stress and more joy)
35 local artists with artwork in the 100, 300, and 500 dollar range, as well as some larger treasures.