i'm getting real and raw in this episode telling you about my biggest health struggle that ultimately taught me to look more at the heart and realize that we're all struggling with something. no, life isn't always candy colored and jolly, but we can make it better as we seek to know others, sending love and support.
candy colored studio podcast episode #45 - lisa draper: an artist journey made easier with systems: how to clear your mind, giving you the space needed to create
It's hard to know where to start with this episode lol. Lisa was so willing to share so much of her artist journe and what it's been like for her to dive headfirst into the world of a professional artist. She shares everything from:
- her beginnings as an artist
- traveling around the world in search of her path as an artist
- having small children and allowing others to come in and help
- organizing her time and talents to be most efficient
- support from her spouse and family
- feeling trapped as a young mom
- love of horses and sacrificing hers (Apollo) to follow another dream
- sacrificing for a greater reward
- the "nectar" of productivity
- an organization mindset and its importance
- realizing your personal mission in life
- clearing your mind so that you have space and time to create
- blocking in time and making routines
- identifying the pain points in your biz
- discovering what you can outsource
...and so much more!
candy colored episode #44: podcast anniversary! - things i've learned, favorite episodes, & what to expect in season 2
candy colored studio podcast episode 43 - nancy andruk olson: how to be a nurse, mother, artist, & the importance of supporting women artists
meet my longtime friend and college roommate, nancy andruk olson. her art career started as a child...and after graduating in painting from Brigham Young University and receving a post-baccalaureate certificate from the school of the museum of fine arts, boston she decided to return again to school to study nursing. 10 years of working in home hospice and raising four children, she dove back into her painting life.
in this episode you'll hear about her three passions as well as her latest research project and cause to support women artists through representation in galleries and museums.
candy colored studio podcast episode #41 - laura erekson: making art is a family affair, collaborating with artists & curating the certain women art show
candy colored studio podcast episode #40 - mary brickey: committing to failure, reaching balance by being out of balance, and curating the certain women art show
candy colored studio podcast episode #39 - nicole woodbury: connecting math, science, music & nature with art, and curating the certain women art show
From unexpected fantastic weather to lots of beautiful artwork, days enjoying the people, culture, food, history, and it’s gorgeous land...my recent painting trip to Scotland was filled with treasured memories as well as so much learned. So many new connections and things to inspire new work.