candy colored studio podcast episode #157: marissa huber & heather kirtland of carve out time for art - community, book & new podcast!
several years ago, marissa & heather combined forces to support mother artists & create a much-needed community on instagram. artists themselves, they were learning how to set aside tradition or opinions of others, and go after their own creative pursuits while being working mothers. soo many conversations and uplifting love shared between creative caregivers, artist takeovers, interviews, and hashtag challenges. (they even created a global directory on their website: carveouttimeforart.com) last year, their book, the motherhood of art hit bookshelves, continuing the support and conversation. most recently, they have started a patreon podcast called the creative instigators! enjoy this extra sweet conversation full of all the raw realness of mother artists, art journeys, boundaries, knowing yourself, an important litmus question, prioritizing, furthering your art through education, goals, passions, going for it...thunderstorms...and so much more. enjoy, enjoy! (make sure to enter the giveaway)
being a mother artist, like most passions and paths, is not for the faint of heart. it requires time, commitment, focus, humility, change, invention and reinvention, and help from others. our CANDYclub has been discussing workflow and systems in our studio and homes. we’re hoping to find new solutions to add and strategies that will help us refine our flow. one of our club members who i love and admire admitted that she’s intimidated with the idea of being both an artist and mother. what an honest and familiar thought. i think very few of us feel like we are balancing both beautifully...but i do believe we know deep in our hearts that it’s worth the work to enjoy this parallel journey mothering and creating.
candy colored studio episode #56 - the campbell collective - amanda louise & marquin: business, friendship, and the intersection of their art and interior design journeys
candy colored studio podcast episode #45 - lisa draper: an artist journey made easier with systems: how to clear your mind, giving you the space needed to create
It's hard to know where to start with this episode lol. Lisa was so willing to share so much of her artist journe and what it's been like for her to dive headfirst into the world of a professional artist. She shares everything from:
- her beginnings as an artist
- traveling around the world in search of her path as an artist
- having small children and allowing others to come in and help
- organizing her time and talents to be most efficient
- support from her spouse and family
- feeling trapped as a young mom
- love of horses and sacrificing hers (Apollo) to follow another dream
- sacrificing for a greater reward
- the "nectar" of productivity
- an organization mindset and its importance
- realizing your personal mission in life
- clearing your mind so that you have space and time to create
- blocking in time and making routines
- identifying the pain points in your biz
- discovering what you can outsource
...and so much more!
candy colored episode #44: podcast anniversary! - things i've learned, favorite episodes, & what to expect in season 2
candy colored studio podcast episode #41 - laura erekson: making art is a family affair, collaborating with artists & curating the certain women art show
candy colored studio podcast episode #40 - mary brickey: committing to failure, reaching balance by being out of balance, and curating the certain women art show
candy colored studio podcast episode #28: pulling back the curtain - the dancer's experience backstage at studio 5
what's it like to be on a tv segment? what does it look like behind the scenes? katrina's daughter discusses her experience as a first time visitor to Studio 5 in downtown slc and how it empowered her to pursue her dreams as a future creative entrepreneur.
i had the best time taking the dancer to studio 5 and seeing the experience through her eyes. when's the last time you've had a "pulling the curtain back" moment? what's something you've seen through fresh eyes?
candy colored studio podcast episode #26: jessica michaelson - mindfully pursuing our passions for the long haul, helping others in their unique journey
* her search for art masters & workshops to continue her training outside of the traditional university art degree
* using her gifts to support her husband & their family while he finished school
* how she started teaching classes out of her home
* meeting the needs of adults and children at various skill levels & desires
* her recent trip to atlanta for the portrait society annual conference
* being spiritually mindful & making hard choices
* supporting others in their pursuits
* resources for parents of creative children
* where to find inexpensive or free resources for your art pursuit
* upcoming events and projects she's working on...and so much more!